Dimpled Pitching Machine Balls:
Pitching Machine Pro offers dimpled pitching machine balls that are designed to deliver a consistent pitch and
outlast any other type of ball. These balls have a realistic feel off the bat. They are soft enough not to
dent aluminum/fiber bats and greatly reduce the chances of any build-up of residue on throwing wheels.
Pitching Machine Pro offers a full line of pitching machine balls to cover every need for indoor or outdoor use.
Leather Pitching Machine Balls with Low-Profile (Kevlar) Seams:
Pitching Machine Pro offers leather pitching machine balls with low-profile seams will hit like a real ball but will
wear well with machine use due to the low profile, Kevlar-reinforced seams. These long-lasting
leather balls are designed specifically for pitching machine (wheel) use only and for those wanting
that more realistic look and feel of a baseball. We offer a full line of pitching machine
balls to cover every need for indoor or outdoor use.
Regulation “Real Leather” Balls:
Hitters, especially at upper levels, prefer to hit regulation “real leather” balls. The use of these
real leather balls will have little or no material transfer and rarely require wheel cleaning.
DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC LEATHER BALLS
Synthetic leather balls should not be used in pitching machines. They will leave a buildup on the
throwing surfaces affecting pitching machine accuracy. If your throwing wheels have this buildup,
please reference the machine manual for cleaning instructions and clean wheels prior to
For the highest level of accuracy, balls used in your pitching machine should be of the same type,
wear and manufacturer. A pitching machine will only be as consistent as the balls being used:
- Never mix worn “old” balls with new balls
- Do not mix different brands of balls
- Do not mix different types of balls
- When using a seamed ball, feed the ball into the machine with the seams in the same general position each time
- Wet or damp balls tend to slip on the throwing surfaces. Towel dry any ball that has moisture on it before using in a pitching machine.
- Extreme cold can cause balls to become harder than normal. This could cause the balls to pitch slower and / or inconsistently.
- Use dimpled pitching machine balls or regulation leather balls only.
- Do not use Synthetic Leather balls..